Thursday, December 2, 2010

My bike



"I love to ride my bicycle, I love to ride my bike, I love to ride my bicycle, I love to ride it when I like!" (from song by Queen) So this is my "Singapore Grandma bike". And I love it! I take Maren to school on it, I take her to the market with me. I ride around the area and get little groceries. I'm a total Singaporean. You see lots of locals on bikes because they don't have cars, but you don't see a lot of white people on bikes. So I get looks, but perhaps it's my gorgeous Halle Berry haircut that it turning heads not the fact that I'm a white person on a local bike.

I like to take Maren to school on the bike because I can get there in about 5 minutes, verses walking, which take about 10. We put her little back pack in the basket in front and go. She loves it. But we can't do it when it's raining. Also, in case you're wondering, I get less sweaty riding the bike instead of walking so that's another bonus.

We go to the school in the evenings and ride in the parking lot. In fact, Seth and Eli are now riding without training wheels. Mark took off the training wheels, gave them a push, and they were off. Seth didn't even fall down once. Eli had a little bit of a hard time getting started, but once he's started, he's good to go. They were so excited - I wish I had a camera to show you their faces. They were so so so proud of themselves and keep saying how EASY it is! Yeah for them.

You also see a picture of Maren in her gymnastics outfit. She has been twice and loves it. The first day the class went on the trampoline and they asked them to make "stars" in the air (put their legs out and then back in while jumping). Well, many of you know that Maren's joints are made of rubber bands, just like Grandma Vicki's. Her legs went so far out that the teacher said, "wow, Maren - that's really good." I was watching from afar but I could tell that Maren's stars were by far the best in the class. She is very good at the trampoline because she played on ours so much in Cincinnati (sigh). I still miss our trampoline so much.

So Maren is in gymnastics once a week and the boys start soccer this week. They are excited for soccer, but wish they could do football instead (I wonder where they get that idea?).

No comments:

Post a Comment