

Thanks to all who sent me happy birthday wishes. I really had a great day. Well, not exactly on the day, but the day before and after were really great. Mark left for Japan the day before my birthday so we celebrated as a family with pumpkin pie and Mark's gift to me. Then on the day of my birthday, Monday, I spent the day taking Maren to the doctor and trying to get rid of her fever. :-( Not the best birthday, but that's what you do when you're a mom.
The day after my birthday was a girlfriend party that I threw for myself. I sent out an email to a handful of friends and said, "I'm throwing myself a birthday party and you're invited!" We went to lunch at a "girlie" restaurant then my friend, Katie, Maren, and I got pedicures after. It was a lot of fun. I figured no one would really know about my birthday so I might as well make it known. And who doesn't love an excuse to go out to lunch?
My visiting teachers did remember me though, which was very nice. They brought me a gorgeous bouquet of flowers and some chocolate. Again, who can go wrong with that? I was also pleasantly surprised by all my facebook friends birthday wishes. I know facebook reminds you about birthdays, but I had about 50 people wish me happy birthday (some of you probably have a million more friends than that), but 50 birthday wishes from all over the world is good for me. They came a day late because most were from the U.S. A book that I read to the children came to my mind, "To think I thought that they forgot, my special day, but they had not." So that was also a fun birthday surprise!
No comments:
Post a Comment