Last month in Seth wanted to bear his testimony in church, but we told him maybe next time. So yesterday is was Fast Sunday again and he asked if he could go up and bear his testimony. I said, "what are you going to say?" and he said, "I'm going to talk about the Atonement." I said, "well, ok, but keep it short and remember to say Amen at the end." After another person finishes up he goes up to the front of the chapel and sits on one of the choir seats (because someone else was at the pulpit). I'm thinking to myself "what is he going to say? I hope he doesn't ramble."
When it is his turn he walks right up to the microphone and says, "I know the Atonement is true and I know that you can know that too. Amen." Then he came back to sit with us. I had tears in my eyes and was so proud of him. Because of him, other children got up during that meeting too - more than I have ever seen in this ward. One of his primary leaders even said that watching him bear his testimony gave her the courage to get up and share hers.
I had no idea what to expect, but was pleasantly surprised. He was so confident and so sure of himself and knew what he wanted to say. What a sweet heart. He has several people compliment him.
P.S. Note, Seth is 6 years old.
He is a rock star....as are you!
ReplyDeleteTakes one to know one! :-)
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweetheart! Payday for a parent.
ReplyDeleteAwww~! 10-eal.. you must be so proud!!! I miss you guys! Tadhg was talking about the boys today!!! How are you liking Singapore?
ReplyDeleteHi Teneal-
ReplyDeleteI love those kids of yours! Olivia's wondering who's babysitting for you these days?
Would you send me your address so that I can send a Christmas card?
Thanks
So, so sweet. I love it.
ReplyDelete