Sunday, April 17, 2011

P&G Re-Hired me...



In case some of you haven't heard, P&G re-hired me here in Singapore. They approached me in the Fall and asked if I would consider coming back to P&G. I had always dreamed of working for P&G again, but I knew the re-hire policy and knew the longer I was out, the less likely the chances would be.

I had a number of frank conversation with my hiring manager and discussed what I was and was not willing to do. I reminded them that I left before to be a mother and that was my first priority. My manager felt like most of my requests could be met and we could have a win-win situation.

I started working a reduced-work schedule in January. I go into the office 2 days a week and work from home 2 days. It's now been 3 1/2 months and it seems to be working out beautifully. I love it! It feels great to be back. I'm very grateful for the opportunity I have to do this. And grateful I had a positive track record and some excellent references to speak for my previous work in the company.

All 3 kids are in school and I had been searching Singapore for something that I could do. I guess you have to watch for what you ask for because you just might get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment