Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy New Year!!!





Happy New Year! Mark and I hosted a New Year's Eve party this year and had a great time with our friends. We had lots of yummy food and played some games and laughed and laughed. It was so nice! I wasn't sure if we could all stay up until midnight so I told everyone that the clock could strike 12 at anytime. But we actually lasted until 12:30 - I was very proud of us. We decided to leave the party mess until the next morning and we let the kids add to the mess before cleaning it up. When it was midnight here, it was 9:00 am the day before in Idaho and Utah (and 11:00 am the day before in Cincinnati). It seemed weird that such a milestone event happens at different times for different people. I know it's a basic fact, but still seems strange.

Speaking of strange, you know how you go on vacation or visit somewhere else and you wake up and think, "where am I?". That still happens for me. I still wake up some mornings and think "where am I?" And then I realize, holy cow, I'm in Singapore. That's so weird. It feels like I'm in Cincinnati and not across the world from our friends and families.

Happy New Year! May 2011 bring health, prosperity, and happiness to all of my blog-reading fans. :-)

3 comments:

  1. Miss you, Teneal! Glad you had a nice New Years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to all of you! What an adventure you all are having. The kids look great and are getting so big! Looking forward to following your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Teneal! I haven't checked in for a while and love catching up on all your excitement! Makes me want to go on a vacation!! Glad to see everyone doing so well. Did I tell you that Nathaniel keeps asking when he's going to see Seth and Eli again? He doesn't really ask about any of his Philly friends, just your boys! We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete