


Yes, we saw the monkey again. This time on top of our back fence. He just walked right by and the kids were on the plastic picnic table having a "tea party". So I got my camera and ran after him (of course, everything they tell you not to do). The kids and I ran to the end of the road, and found him sitting on the fence. He was right by the entrance to the school, which is right at the end of our street. He sat up there and looked around for food. He was sniffing the fence he was sitting on.
Then, the most unexpected thing happened, he jumped down from his post, climbed back up the barrier fence, and slid down the street-sign pole and was on the ground right in front of us. Of course the children screamed, again, what you are NOT supposed to do. We didn't know where he was going so we slowly walked away and then he ran across the street. Phew!
The one good thing I did as a role-model parent is to not let the children feed him a banana which they really wanted to do. Other than that, I was not a very good example. But it was a monkey - right by us! It was way too much fun!
Wow, that is super cool! But I think I would scream too if an unfamiliar monkey was that close to me.
ReplyDeleteYour obsession with the monkey is awesome. It sounds just like what I would do. ;)
ReplyDeleteObsessions can be fun. My kids are obsessed with KFC right now, which is good since it's right across the street and I'm obsessed with the monkey! We all have our little issues.....
ReplyDeleteUm, that monkey looks scary.
ReplyDelete