Friday, November 5, 2010

I saw the monkey!





Our neighborhood has had a local monkey make it's way across the busy "interstate" and into our area. He has been spotted on the school campus and many people are very concerned about this monkey business. There have been emails sent out from the school and from neighbors giving us instructions how to react when you see a monkey. You are not supposed to provoke it, not offer food, not make eye contact as this shows aggression, and be careful if you are carrying a plastic bag because they might think you have food in it.

So I was on a walk last Saturday morning and I saw the monkey with my own eyes! Oh yes! I was so excited. He was on someone's balcony and then he went towards their window and was trying to get in. I could hardly believe it! The owners were down on the street clapping and yelling at the monkey to get him down, but to no avail. He seemed very comfortable up on his little porch perch. I was happy to have seen the monkey myself.

So we go from snakes in Georgia to monkeys in Singapore. What's next?

No comments:

Post a Comment