So I made an appointment with someone to do a 40 minute session of foot reflexology for $22 sing dollars. Awesome! I walked around the market place that is across the street and checked out a few different places, but I finally decided on the one where there were some certificates on the wall and looked relatively clean and had pretty good lighting. I had been looking forward to a relaxing foot massage and was waiting for all 3 kids to be in school so I could sit down and reward myself for all the hard work I've done.
Ok, so it made me cry and it hurt! I wanted relaxing pampering, but no I got a work over. Within 5 minutes "Joe" told me that I have headaches, back pain, and I worry too much. How did he get that from my knee (we are not even on the feet yet)? He was a combination of Dr. Phil, Oprah, a chiropractor, and a fortune teller. It's like I was an open book and he told me not only my physical issues, but some of my emotional issues as well. I was not prepared for that. The reason I cried is not from pain, but because he hit the nail on the head with some of my "baggage". And there was some physical pain and when it hurt I would ask him, "what is that?" and he would say "your head" or "your kidney" or "your piping".
He asked me my age and then told me my body has too much pain for being so young. I totally agree! After he was finished he told me that 95% of his clients come back to him time after time. He has been doing this for 15 years. He changed locations once and all of his clients came to his new location. Even people who have moved out of the country will come back to him when they are in Singapore. I think I found a good one. This is truly an art form that is not leveraged in the U.S.
On another note, I think my kids have finally hit the wall. I hit the wall the week before we left the country. The past 2 days Maren has cried when she went to preschool. And today Seth cried when he went to school (not because he wanted me but because he wanted peanut-butter and jelly for lunch and not mac n cheese from the school cafeteria). It's heartbreaking as a mother to leave your children when they are in distress. But I feel like it's part of the process that they have to learn, no matter how difficult it is. It's disturbing when you're children are unhappy. Mark has been in Japan all week and comes home tomorrow. I hope we can have a good, relaxing weekend and enjoy the 2 days off before school starts. I think it will take some time for them to build up their stamina for school. It's hard work, especially if you've never done it before. And juggling 3 different classrooms is work for me too. They have to wear different things on different days and some days they take their library books back and somedays they need to bring this or that. It's a lot of work to be the mother of children in school.
The house is 90% organized. It feels better and better all the time. Our RS activity last night was learning about Indian culture, it was fascinating. There are so many cultures to learn about here - it's amazing!
I am feeling for your kids they can kind of go through an emotional funk...but they are not quite old enough to recognize the WHY? I am loving your reflexology guy, sounds cool!
ReplyDeleteHow crazy to have someone be able to tell so much from legs and feet. I actually think it's too bad we're not more tuned in to things like that in the US . . . although I would probably be a little intimidated knowing that I was baring my soul by baring my feet. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for posting!! (Maybe you'll inspire me to start writing on my blog again!) We love you guys!! Hugs and kisses to everyone!