Monday, October 25, 2010

Maren, my sweetheart




With the boys in school from 8:00 - 3:00 and Maren not starting until 12:00, we have been enjoying our mornings together. She plays really well when no one is stealing her toys and wrestling with her. We go shopping at the market and she plays in my room while I get ready. We are having so much fun together. Then we walk to school and I drop her off and pick her up a couple hours later and we go get her boys. She calls Seth and Eli "my boys". She loves her princesses and likes to position them in many poses. Plus she still wears her Cinderella dress or Sleeping Beauty dress almost every day, over her current clothes.

We also had an interesting RS activity - there is a holiday coming up called Deepavali - it's an Indian holiday. We had a lady who is Indian and Mormon who came and explained many of the Indian customs - eating, dressing, beliefs, food, etc. It was fascinating. Then she dressed one of the ladies up in a customary wedding dress/sari with all the jewelry and everything. It was so cool. I can't wait to go visit Little India here on the island to do some shopping. I already have one request for a sari, but may be tempted to buy more. They are so beautiful.

Eli and Seth are loving school. They get to do karate during PE. Eli said his friend Owen told him that all the girls look at Eli because he is cute. But Eli denies it. They are reading little books and I now feel so good about my home schooling efforts. It really worked! The boys both said that some of their class mates are still learning their numbers and they can't believe it because that's so easy for them. I really am relieved to know they are up to par. I had no idea where they would net out after a year of home school. If you haven't already checked it out, watch the youtube video spoof on home school: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3IkMFeE0nE

No comments:

Post a Comment