

(sigh) Yesterday was the first day of school for all 3 children. The night before I cried and cried and then we dropped off the boys at 8:00 am and I got back to the house and cried and cried. Maren was very sad that she couldn't go to school when the boys went - her class starts at 12:00. Now is day 2 and I think I'm going to be ok with this. They have so much energy and are so ready for some new adventures (as if moving to Singapore is not enough).
Seth was turbo walker on his way to class - they both couldn't wait to get there. There are 13 kindergarten classes, but thankfully they put Eli and Seth in adjoining rooms and they have recess together, which I think is awesome. Eli said that his first day of school was "the best day of my life." He loved it and said that all morning long his class mates kept asking him, "are you the new Eli?" So they were waiting for him.
Seth said his first day of school was the 2nd best day of his life. When I asked him what his best day of his life was he said, "when I went on the 4-wheeler ride with Daddy and Uncle Matt." Seth also commented that his teacher was "peach-skinned like me." I guess he's noticed we are a bit of a different shade than most of the people here.
Maren loved meeting her new friends and couldn't wait to get to class. All morning long she kept asking if it was time for her class yet. The school is amazing and I think it's going to be a really good thing for all of us. They look so cute in their uniforms. Each class has a teacher and then 1 -2 helpers who are usually Muslim and wear the head scarves - they are beautiful women and everyone has been so kind.
Well, a big milestone has been reached. My boys have been with me every day almost all day long for 6 years and I know now that schools has started it will never end. ;-) It's a big change for us, but I guess at some point we all have to get on with our lives.
I'm glad you have a blog now. I was so sad that we didn't get to see you while you were in Boise. It has been so long. You can keep up with us on our blog as well. It's caleandhaileywester.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteSo cute! I love the "best day of my life" comments. And look at the body language on that last photo. Those boys are all confidence!
ReplyDeleteSoooo cute! I know they are going to love it and you are going to get used to having them gone during the day! It is good for them! Love the comments about the best day of their lives!
ReplyDeleteI am so happy that the kids can travel a little longer with their backpacks on! I bet they miss their homeschooling days.
ReplyDeleteHopefully my blog will be up and going soon- wish blogs were around when the kids still let me pick out their outfits!
I'm so glad y'all are settling in! I still regret not getting the boys and Maren in preschool. They look adorable in their uniforms.
ReplyDeleteok so the pic of maren is priceles...that should be on a hallmark card! tell her "her favorite" says shes gorgeous!
ReplyDelete