Monday, October 11, 2010

You take my picture, I'll take yours!







So, the children have been quite a novelty here. They always want to touch their faces and their hair. They always say "twins?" in whatever accent they have and I confirm, that yes, they are twins. And they laugh and smile. And people will tell their friends to look at Maren and see how pretty she is.

The other day in a store, the boys were wearing the same Lego Star Wars shirts so they looked especially identical. A sales lady was helping us and then realized they were twins. She wanted them to stand next to each other and then she got out her cell phone to take their picture. Then another lady came up with her cell phone and wanted a picture too. I was hoping our days of feeling like a circus were over, but I guess not. Twins will probably always be a novelty, no matter what country you are in.

We have been exploring the island. Because Singapore is the busiest seaport in the world, no matter where you look offshore, there are several boats. It's an island and we have been to a few of the shorelines and there are always boats, boats, boats. I have no idea how they manage the logistics of it, but I think it would be fascinating to learn.

Maren has been "plum tuckered out". She has been falling asleep on the couch every day after preschool. She's quite the busy girls these days.

We found an open area near us (unusual and rare to find an open area), but all these people were flying kites. The picture doesn't show it very well, but there were probably 50 kites in the air. It was awesome! We stopped to watch for a while. We also stumbled upon a water ski place where they pull you around with these cables and you can do jumps and tricks. It was pretty fun.

Our sea shipment arrives on Wednesday and we will have the rest of our belongings. I can't wait to make this feel more like home. We did figure out how to get General Conference on our TV through the internet - yeah Daddy!

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you to get your stuff! Home will feel so much better. You look so pretty and everyone looks like they are adjusting even tired Maren!

    ReplyDelete